Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Just Go on the Stupid Hike

Dear Amelia,

It has come to my attention that you have made arrangements for this Friday night en lieu of our scheduled expedition to the top of the “Y.” This displeases me.

As I’m sure you are aware, there are numerous spiritual, emotional, and physical benefits to participating in a hike with your ward. The physical aspect alone should be reason enough to attend this outing, especially due to your decision to forego the gym last night. If however, you find yourself in need of further persuasion, please consider your spiritual well being.

It is a well-known fact that failure to participate in ward activities may well result in serious consequences, such as the refusal by your bishop to endorse you for continued study at Brigham Young University. I do not mean to imply that missing a single activity is inexcusable; I simply wish to express my concern for the path that you are headed down. One choice can make all the difference.

Ultimately, the choice is yours; however, should you choose hike the “Y,” I want you to know that you will have made the right decision.

Your Concerned Friend,

Jen

6 comments:

  1. So FUNNY!!!!! Brilliant and I loved it. Don't change a thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I love how you used such a serious tone! It's really hard to use serious and formal language while still making it obvious that you're not actually that worried about it! Fantastic and funny! Great job with the really short "This displeases me.", it really sets the stage for the email.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've got to say, this made me laugh and then I showed it to my friend who has been grumbling about climbing the Y for FHE.

    Your sarcasm (if that's even the right term)carried very well and I got the sense that this is a close friend who would appreciate this type of humor. However, it actually was pretty persuasive. If you can't get her to go, let your soul rest in knowing that you convinced my roommate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This seems a little too serious for a casual email personally, but you had very convincing arguments! I need to try some of these on my roommates and see if they'll be more willing to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone! All of my roommates have such a dry sense of humor, lol I love it. anyway she decided to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha I love this! And i love how your roommate decided to go. I agree, I'm going to have to use some of your arguments when MY friends are complaining!

    ReplyDelete