Sunday, September 19, 2010

Dance Dance World

Cultural experiences are often painful, as many people do not particularly enjoy expanding their universe. I include myself in this category more often perhaps than I should. But, after seeing World of Dance, I may be persuaded otherwise.

It was good, I cannot lie. The performers were highly trained and very professional, and there was a real air of professionalism in the concert hall as they performed. The music was also very interesting. I had original assumptions of endless cultural tunes, uninterpretable sounds, and wild forays similar to that unspeakable horror "River Dance". Fortunately, we were privy to many different forms of music as varied as were the dances. So many tunes I found myself swaying along with as I listened, and when the time ended I could hardly believe it was over.

This for me was extremely surprising, and the cultural knowledge I gained hereby was quite pleasing. I am glad I went, and would now recommend the show to anyone who has not seen it. As to going to see more dance shows, I am not sure I will. I liked this one, but, though enjoyable, it was not my choice of a way to spend an evening. The only way I could see myself going back would be on a date with a girl who loved dance. But, should that be the case, I can rest easy knowing I am good hands with BYU dance productions.

5 comments:

  1. Great piece. Just fix the comma splice in the first sentence of the second paragraph by using a semicolon instead of a comma.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you must have been sooooooo bored if thats all you can say after my stellar piece. Gee, thanks sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dance was not really my thing either. I like how you still kept an open mind while going and admit how surprising it was to you that it was something you were maybe interested in. Other than the comma splice (already pointed out) it was-truly- a 'stellar' piece.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like that you can finally admit your true feelings about dance! I felt the same way when it was over. Time just flew by, and I didn't want it to end!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha riverdance... Yes, that was what I was expecting too.

    ReplyDelete