Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Come visit!

My dearest OJ,

Now that I'm out in the Wild West, I've considered the possibility of you visiting me during your coming spring break. By next spring, we will only have seen each other at Christmas. It's so hard for such close friends to part for so long! We both know you need to experience BYU and meet everyone out here. Also, we both know the cost of a flight out here. Nevertheless, I know a trip out here for you would be fantastic!

Another thing to consider is the possibility of me working here next summer. Jobs in Tennessee are hard to find, but it would be easy to find an on-campus job here. So, if you consider the possibility of me not returning for summer break, you will see the need for you to fly out here. Maybe you could even come during the summer! Let me know what you think, and we should start planning. Regardless of what happens, know that I miss you very much and can't wait to see you as soon as possible!

Truly,
Rachel

3 comments:

  1. Good job being persuasive but keeping it friendly and casual! You adress concerns of them not seeing you enough, and the most immediate concern (probably) of your friend: airfare. Love the beginning sentence with "WIld West"!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you think I accomplished being persuasive but also friendly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to receive an email like this -- it would make me feel very loved! I hope you and your friend can get together.

    ReplyDelete