Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Heritage Halls Concerns

Dear Heritage Halls Administration,

I've enjoyed being a part of Brigham Young University and sharing in the tradition of dorm life as a freshman student, but there are some issues which I wish to bring to your attention. After living here for three weeks, my roommates and I have noticed a few problems. First of all, there is a ticking noise that comes from the ceiling in our bedroom and kitchen. We think that the ceiling is beginning to collapse around the vents or something has come loose. It's a nuisance to have to listen to that when we're trying to study or to sleep at night. It could most likely be an easy fix, but we are not able to do it ourselves because we don't have the proper tools. Also, the shower drain in our bathroom doesn't drain very well and creates puddles that cause buildup. This is another easy fix that should have been addressed before we moved in. I've talked to other students who live in Heritage that are experiencing similar problems.

I understand that the dorms are old, but little things can be done to make living here a bit better. We are paying for quality housing, so it'd be nice to have our issues addressed.

Thank you for your time and concern.

Sincerely,
Haley Wright

3 comments:

  1. Good job specifically detailing what needs to happen! My only concern is that you may come across a little accusatory in the last paragraph. The phrase "we are paying for quality housing..." especially implies that the administration has been sitting around doing nothing for anyone (which may be the case, I don't know). On the other hand, it could be a good thing because you're reminding them who's paying them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just so you know (though I'd hope you already do) you can call Maintenance and they'll come fix and that for you. We've already have theme here twice!

    Though I do agree that most of these fixes could have been done before you moved in, I'm pretty sure if you send this email, they'll just tell you to call Maintenance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking the exact same thing as I was writing this! Ha! I think I got my point across though. Thanks for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete