Saturday, October 16, 2010

Responce to the HRC

I was very impressed by the Church's response to the HRC. When I heard their (the HRC)comments, I simply just wanted to yell at them through the computer. But that's why I wasn't in charge of making this statement (well, that's not the only reason). I feel like the Church was addressing more than the HRC as well. Church leadership was responding to theirs comments, however, they knew that many more people would be listening than just them. They used this opportunity to again state our doctrinal beliefs and reaffirm our love for all - even those struggling with same-sex attraction. This was very impressive. I could tell that the tone was calm, not frantic; explanatory, not vague; loving, not scathing. They just wanted people to know our stand without any equivocation. I think the Church leadership did an impeccable job, but of course they would, this is the Church!

No comments:

Post a Comment