Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Life of Pi

When I first heard that we would be reading Life of Pi, I was far from excited. I had read this book already in high school and I had no interest to re-read it. I admit; the first time I read Life of Pi I enjoyed it. Frankly though, unless the book is Harry Potter I would rather read a new book than have to read the same one again. However, I have come to realize that there is more to this book than just black words on a white page. Just like with the scriptures, new meanings and understanding can be uncovered the more you study text. With a new mentality and thirst for knowledge and understanding, Life of Pi came to life. It became a novel that encompassed aspects of science through excitement, suspense, religion.

2 comments:

  1. Haha I agree Harry Potter is about the only thing I would want to re-read too! Good point though that just like the scriptures we have to look past the words on the page and try to get more out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too thought the same thing having read it in highschool. I now can see differently. I have a much more broad understanding of the book.

    ReplyDelete